Friday, November 21, 2008

one night @ mumbai - NDLS rajdhani Part 2

Hmmm... I think the Economics Concept of " Diminishing Marginal Utility" applies to even we part-time penners.

After writing the first part of One night @ Mumbai - NDLS Rajdhani i was approached by boredom striking my writing pursuits. So the unusual lag. I seek clemency to my avid readers.

Part 2 contimued...

So the journey began ... "Dhadum..dhadum..dhadumdhadum..." rattling of the railway tracks could be heard distinctly. So here i was standing in the passage which adjoined the doors of faecal closets of a AC 2 tier boogie starkly experiencing the Indian-Western Divide.

I had to find Mr. P.K. (Boozer) Singh.
I approached the attendent there finding him speak a language familiar. He was speaking tamil. A sudden grin embarked on my face -( Namb Oor aka My Country-Man) which soon vanished and got translated into a concern realizing I could hardly speak my language.

With great difficulty I spoke " Naan inga lagguage vikkatumma - Mr P.k. Singh - TT meet pannanum. TT yenga irrupa??"

The cryptanalyst attendent had great comprehension skills . I think he must have known greek and hebrew too. He allowed me to keep the luggage with him and advised me to go to the "2-tier Pantry" where i would find a TT with a Big facial scar.


3 min later ... I was standing in front of Mr. Boozer Singh. Introducing myself " Sir , I am aniruddha. I think Mr. Kurien spoke to you?" seeming my hapless best.

"Haan Haan, Ticket dekhao" a rough voice spoke out.
I showed him my e-ticket.

He with a confused expression he said " Yeh to e-ticket hain"

With equal confusion and utmost innocence i replied " Haan. e-ticket hain".

" Arey bhai , e-ticket lekar tum train main kaise chhad gaye. Yeh ticket valid nahi hain."
lecturing me that if my ticket does not get confirmed before the commencement of the journey i cannot board the train- as the amount paid gets automatically recredited to my payment account. "Sorry I cant help you".

Pleading my genuine ignorance i pursuaded him to help me out. Sounding tougher now he said " 4000 lagega agar AC 2 main jaaoge aur 3000 lagega agar 3 -tier main jaaoge".

I checked my purse - Rs. 1000 deficit. Looking more misfortunate than before I replied " Sir sirf 2000 rupaiy hain. Ek Hazaar baad main de doo to chalega - Kisi bhi station mein ATM aayega to nikaal kar de doonga"

Sounding frustrated he said " Arey yaar. tumhari problem hi kitni saari hain. Ek kaam karo kisi bhi 3-tier boogie mein jaakar baith jaao. Main aaonga wahan par thodi der main"

Out of sight in seconds I went back to pick up my luggage, thanked the attendent and proceeded to the 3-tier dabbas.

Part 2 Ends



...